Easter 2022 will be April 17, and the 10:30 a.m. Mass will be streamed live.
Notice to all Visitors
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, please review our guidelines below before your next visit.
Our church takes the infection prevention measures based on The Infectious Disease Control Guidelines of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Japan.
- Masks are mandatory at all the locations of Kanazawa Catholic Church.
- Please cooperate with temperature measurement and hand disinfection before mass.
- Your hands will be disinfected again before communion.
- At the time of communion, be sure to line up and have a safe space between yourself and the person in front of you.
- The maximum number of seats in the shrine is 4 per bank, and you need to keep social distancing.
- We do not sing sacred songs.
- The doorway is closed during the mass, but after the mass, the windows and entrance doors are opened for ventilation.
Two Disciples to Emmaus
The apostle Paul says in the first letter to the Corinthians:
"But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised." (15 12-15)
When we say "we believe in God", what does it mean as a matter of fact? Do we believe really in the resurrection of Christ? If we do really so, won't Good News of the angels i.e. "he is alive" (Luke23:23）liberate us from all collapses, afflictions and sorrows in this world, and lead us to a new world of infinite Divine Love beyond all conflicts and discriminations?
Raised Jesus is now coming up and walking along with two disciples who are going to a village called Emmaus losing all their hope. But Jesus is listening to their sadness and suffering. "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself".
Anyway, two disciples to Emmaus are none other than we ourselves who shall easily lose our faith. However Raised Jesus is still now approaching each of us through Sunday Masses. So it is! Our lord is alive. Let us renew our faith of Resurrection.
Pastor Fr. Paul A. Kunori o.c.d.
You can read past messages in here.